The objective of the Beaverbrook Art Gallery Afterschool Art Program is to meet both the appropriate developmental needs (physical, social, intellectual, creative and emotional) and the individual needs and interests of each child in attendance with the province’s operating standards and legislation for all licensed centres.
Our After School Art Program combines art, reading, drama, music and creative writing activities for children. Participants in this program will enjoy:
Improving self-awareness, confidence and feeling of self-worth;
– Using works of art as starting points for discussions and as an inspiration for their own art;
– Storytelling, role-playing, music and creating their own art;
– Building verbal and visual communication skills;
– Learning more about art, history and the world we live in;
– Building a lifetime relationship with the arts and an interest in reading and writing while also having fun and making friends.
Our hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:00PM to 5:30PM, and Wednesdays from 12:00 NOON to 5:30PM. Our Program starts the first day after Labor Day and ends on the last day of school in June. After that time, children may join our full-day art camp, Artistica.
On Professional Development Days (PD days) for School District 18, District 1, storm days, and during school breaks, program days are from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.